Wednesday, October 7, 2015

     There’s a gold mine out there! It’s probably the largest most consistent and lucrative art market of all, but most artists don’t know it exists. Or they ignore it completely as they bang their heads against the wall trying to arrange enough gallery representation to assure full time income from their chosen profession.
     I stumbled on it by accident and for many years sold more than $200,000 worth of art, my own and the work of other artists, each year. I spent about three days a week marketing and the rest of the time producing my own art and working with other artists, publishers and wholesalers. Because I controlled my own schedule I could choose to spend one week working on my art projects or writing, the next out selling art or visiting with other artists looking for new images for my clients. Or I may have taken a few days off to fish and recharge my own creative batteries.
     I did it for more than twenty years, selling to a market that has an insatiable appetite for art. My clients sold art or they couldn’t complete the job and get paid for their own expertise.
WANT TO LEARN MORE FROM AN ART REP WHO SOLD ART FOR 20 YEARS?
Article: 6629 words

No comments:

Post a Comment